What is a carbon rolled steel gas plancha?
A carbon rolled steel plancha is a kitchen appliance used to cook various foods such as meat, fish, vegetables, etc. It is made of carbon rolled steel, a durable and heat-resistant material.
Rolled steel hotplates come in a variety of sizes and shapes and can have different features, such as a raised rim to hold food juices. They are usually 6 mm thick.
How does a rolled steel plancha work?
A rolled steel plancha works by heating it and then food is placed on top to cook. Because rolled steel has good thermal conductivity, the plate heats up evenly, allowing for brown, crispy baking.
What are the advantages of a rolled steel plancha?
The advantages of rolled steel plates are many. First of all, rolled steel is a durable and heat-resistant material, so it can withstand high temperatures and does not deform easily. Another advantage is that it allows for even cooking, as the plate is heated to the same temperature over the entire surface. Cooking on a rolled steel plate releases less fat and allows for healthier cooking.
How do you clean a rolled steel plancha plate?
Cleaning a rolled steel plancha plate is a simple process that can be done in a few steps:
- Using a scraper or metal spatula, remove any food debris or grease that has accumulated on the surface of the plate.
- Once you have turned off the plancha, turn it back on and heat the plate.
- Once the plancha is hot, pour cold water or ice cubes directly onto the plate.
- Scrape the plate with a spatula and remove any residue that has stuck to the plate.
- Dry the surface of the rolled steel plate with a clean towel or cloth.
- Cover your plate with a layer of cooking oil to protect it from rusting.
How do you protect a rolled steel plancha from rust?
Covering a rolled steel plate with oil is an important step to prevent rust:
- Clean the plate surface thoroughly (see previous question).
- Dry the surface of the plancha with a clean towel or cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the surface of the rolled steel plate.
How to choose a rolled steel plancha?
If you have already decided on a rolled steel plancha, the criteria by which you can choose your plancha model are the size of the plate and the design.
In the case of a carbon rolled steel plate, you can choose between 3 ranges: Silver, Extreme and Rainbow.
- The Silver-Range (carbon rolled steel) Suitable for all families. Available with rolled steel plates only, this range consists of small 60cm gas planchas and larger 75cm planchas that can accommodate up to 10 guests.
- The Extreme-Range (carbon rolled steel) : Extremely versatile.
Available for 2 plate sizes: small rolled steel plates of 60 cm and medium plates of 75 cm.
- The Rainbow-Range (carbon rolled steel): When quality and design are one.
Available for 70 cm long rolled steel plates, it is ideal for 8 to 10 people. With 5 possible colours, you'll be spoilt for choice. It will not be difficult for you to combine them with the rest of the garden or on a balcony.
- Our large gas planchas : Above 75 cm, to avoid deformation, we recommend that you choose thicker plates. So you can choose between ground steel plates or hard chrome-plated steel. These 90 cm platters will transport you to culinary experiences comparable to those of professional chefs. They allow you to receive a large number of people.
What is the difference between a rolled steel plancha and a cast iron plancha?
- Heat distribution: Rolled steel cooktops have better heat distribution than cast iron cooktops, which means food has fewer hot spots and cooks more evenly.
- Weight: Rolled steel plancha plates are much lighter, making them easier to handle and maneuver.
- Maintenance: Rolled steel plates require less maintenance than cast iron plates.
- Thermal inertia: Due to their low thickness, rolled steel plates heat up much faster, but generally offer much less thermal inertia than cast iron. It is therefore more suitable for private use than for professional use.
Rolled steel plates are a great choice for those looking for a lightweight and easy-to-maintain plate that heats up quickly and on a reduced budget.
What is the price of a high-quality carbon rolled steel plancha?
The price of a high-quality rolled steel plancha depends on several factors. However, it is important to note that price should not be the only factor to consider when buying a plancha.
SMALL GAS-PLANCHA CARBON ROLLED STEEL (60 cm)
MIDDLE GAS-PLANCHA CARBON ROLLED STEEL (75 cm)
How do you care for a rolled steel plancha?
To care a rolled steel plancha, it should be cleaned regularly and protected with a thin layer of oil. Use a lid to protect the plate from accidents and cover the plancha with a protective cover to protect it from the rain.
What size rolled steel plancha should I choose for my family?
The size of the rolled steel plancha you choose will depend on the size of your cooking needs. For a small family or a single person, a 60cm to 70cm plate should be enough. For larger families or to cook a larger amount of food at once, you can choose a 75 cm plancha made of carbon rolled steel.
For larger planchas, you will need to change the plate type (see our large planchas).
Can you use a rolled steel plancha indoors?
Yes, you can use a rolled steel plancha inside.
The electric plancha models of the Extreme, Dream or Rainbow Range are perfect for indoor use. The performance of our electric planchas is similar to that of our gas planchas: the same performance and the same technical characteristics.
How do you cook with a rolled steel plancha?
Cooking with a rolled steel plate is quite simple:
Preheat the plancha plate until it reaches the desired temperature (see our temperature tips). Drizzle oil over the plate. Then place the food on it and cook until it is cooked, turning if necessary.
What are the most popular dishes prepared on a carbon rolled steel plancha?
The rolled steel plancha is a versatile kitchen utensil that allows you to prepare a wide variety of dishes, from meat and fish to vegetables and fruits. Some of the most popular dishes include seafood such as shrimp and squid, meats such as steaks and burgers, and vegetables such as asparagus and mushrooms. It is also popular for cooking breakfast such as eggs and Speck.
How to prepare a rolled steel plancha for first use?
The rolled steel plate will be black when it arrives at your home. This black color does not come from a Teflon-like coating, but from the so-called bluish coating of the panel. To protect rolled steel sheets from rust, especially for factory storage, the plate is heated to a temperature between 300°C and 400°C, then soaked in vegetable oil, and finally cooled. The originally gray plate then turns blue-black due to the thin layer of iron oxide (FeO) that forms on its surface. This natural and food-safe treatment prevents rust from forming on the plancha surface. It does not pose any health risks.
For the first use, wash the plate with soap and water. Then rinse the surface well and dry it with a towel. Apply a thin layer of oil and use a paper towel to distribute evenly. Finally, heat the plancha plate and start cooking.
How do you prevent food from sticking to a rolled steel plancha?
To prevent food from sticking to the rolled steel plancha plate, make sure it is thoroughly preheated and apply a light layer of cooking oil to the surface before placing the food on it. Avoid moving food too much, as it can stick. Use a spatula to flip the food.