Other products that may interest you...
How do you clean a plancha?
1. First, turn off the plancha.
2. Use a spatula to scrape any food or grease residue off the surface of the plate. You can do this while the plate is still hot, but be careful not to burn yourself.
3. Using a clean cloth, remove any residue left on the plancha surface.
4. If the plate is very dirty, you can use a mixture of water and white vinegar to clean it. Spray the solution onto the surface and let it sit for a few minutes. Then scrub the plancha plate with a soft brush and rinse with clean water.
5. If the plancha plate is still dirty after cleaning, you can use a special plate cleaner by following the manufacturer's instructions.
How do you use a plancha plate?
1. Turn on the plancha and let it heat up for a few minutes.
2. Once the plancha plate is hot, add a small amount of oil or butter to prevent the food from sticking.
3. Place the food on the plate and cook according to the recipe instructions.
4. Be careful not to overload the plate, as this may lower the cooking temperature and cause the food to cook unevenly.
5. Once cooking is complete, turn off the plancha and let it cool before cleaning.
How to choose a plancha plate?
- Size : The choice of the size of the plate depends on the number of people you usually cook for and the space available in your kitchen.
- Material : Cooktops can be made of different materials such as aluminum, cast iron, stainless steel, etc.
- Surface type: Some plancha have a smooth surface, others have a ridged surface. If you want to grill meats or vegetables, a plancha with a ridged surface may be more suitable.
- Functionality : Some planchas come with additional features, such as temperature adjustment, a non-stick surface, trays to collect excess fat, etc.
What is the difference between a cast iron and steel plancha plate?
Both cast iron and steel planchas are great choices for cooking on a flat surface, but there are a few differences between the two:
- Heat retention : Cast iron plates retain heat better than steel plates, making them ideal for cooking foods that require high and even heat, such as pancakes or steaks.
- Durability : Cast iron is more durable than steel. It is also less likely to warp when heated.
- Treatment : Cast iron cooktops should be treated to prevent rust and create a non-stick surface. Steel plates do not need to be treated.
How do you care for a cast iron plancha plate?
To maintain a cast iron plate, follow these steps:
1. After each use, clean the plate with a stiff brush or spatula to remove food debris.
2. Rinse the plate with warm water and dry thoroughly.
3. Apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the plate when it is hot to prevent it from rusting.
How do you cook vegetables on a plancha plate?
1. Preheat the plate over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
2. Lightly brush the vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the vegetables on the plate and cook until tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
4. Remove the vegetables from the plancha and serve immediately.
Can you use a plancha plate on an induction cooker?
To use a plate on an induction cooker, you need to make sure that the plate is made of a magnetic material.
Induction cookers only work with magnetic utensils. Once you have a magnetic cooktop, you can preheat it on the induction cooker and then cook the food as you normally would.
How do you preheat a plancha plate?
To preheat a plancha, place it on the plancha plate over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. You can check if it's hot enough by pouring a few drops of water on the plate. If the water evaporates quickly, the plate is ready for use.
How do you remove rust from a steel plancha plate?
To remove rust from a steel plancha, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the rust stains and let it sit for a few hours. Then rub the rust stains with steel wool and rinse with water. Dry the plancha thoroughly and apply a light coat of oil to prevent further rusting.